2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Saturday, March 4

Shop Hop- Day 1

The NIFS (Nebraska Independent Fabric Shops) is doing their annual Shop Hop around Nebraska. This happens to be the sesquicentennial for our state so the shops have graciously changed their usual 10 day shop hop to include the entire month of March. This makes me excited because it actually makes it possible for me to try to hit every store on the list. There are 31 stores all over the state!
Still it's going to take some planning to get to all of them. Here is a map so you can see why it's going to take some planning to get them all in. Fortunately two of my adult children live in the central and east part of the state so I can visit with them and have a place to spend the night!
When you do the shop hop you need to buy the bag. It comes with all the information, a little bit of fabric and the map for all the participating shops. If you take it into the shops on the 5th Saturday of the month you also get 20% off your purchases. It also comes in pretty handy while you're shopping so you have to somewhere to put all your new purchases.  Here is a picture of this years' bag.


My first stop was the store in my hometown of Ogallala. It's called The Silver Thimble and I have been shopping there for the past 20 years. The store changed ownership last year and the new owner has to be feeling overwhelmed at the challenge of keeping the store open for shop hop because it's longer hours and a lot more people but I think she's up for the challenge. Julie, the former owner, is still working a couple days a week so I'm sure these gals are going to give everyone great customer service! I forgot to take a picture while I was there but it was full of bright colorful fabrics and lots of eye candy! I always enjoy looking at the finished projects.

The shop hop always has special fabrics made for a quilt designed just for the shop hoppers. There is a large quilt pattern and each shop designed a small block to fit inside of the quilt. I learned the first year that if you want the fabric you had better get it quickly because it goes fast. So I went down the first day and bought what I wanted. Here are some pictures of the fabrics and the quilt designed for this year.

So this was my first shop hop day. I can't wait to tell you about the second day, but it's late and I need to get some sleep. Good night!

No comments: