2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Monday, November 8

Overload

I am feeling rather overwhelmed today. I read my assignment for class and can't remember a word of it. I gave up on the math assignment because I didn't have a financial calculator...I didn't even know there was such a thing.
I had a long discussion with someone downtown today about the local economy and the failed school bond issue. We stand on opposite sides of the issue, but had a good discussion. I feel like I would like to be able to get more involved in community issues, in fact I had planned on it after my kids were grown. But things changed. Now all of my energies are used at home.
I'm feeling frustrated about school issues. It's very hard for someone who homeschooled their children for nearly 20 years to understand the way the school system works. From where I stand it seems their main goal is conformity and uniformity. I don't want my child to be like everyone else. I want him to be the person that God designed him to be. At the same time I want to find him help with speech and communication so that he can learn to express himself.
I'm trying to get everything ready for Alex's upcoming surgery. Room is reserved. Preston is staying with his aunt. All the paperwork is done. Schools have both been notified. Why do I feel like I've forgotten something major?
I think I need a nap.

No comments: