2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Tuesday, November 23

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving: the roll edition

Although fresh hot rolls right from the oven are the best for a big family dinner, I have a limited amount of oven space. I have a feeling that turkey is going to take up the entire space for the duration of the morning so I'm going to have to make a few things in advance. This evening it's time to make the rolls. Hopefully my husband won't eat so many so that I have to make more. (don't laugh, he's done it before!)

This recipe is one that I got from my sister in law Julie who happens to rank in the top ten cooks that I've ever met.

Julie's Dinner Rolls

2 1/2 tsp yeast
2 1/2 cups warm water
2/3 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 tsp salt
8 cups flour

Dissolve yeast in water. Stir in shortening, sugar, eggs, salt and flour. Knead lightly. Let the dough rise then shape into dinner rolls or cinnamon rolls

Makes 30 rolls or 2 dozen cinnamon rolls

Cinnamon Roll Option:
 Topping for rolls-
1 cup ice cream
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick butter
Melt ingredients together, let boil for approximately 1 minute.

No comments: