2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Friday, July 16

Unceasing Prayer

It seems like the older I get the more I have to pray about. Of course there are the obvious things like praying for my kids, and my husband and my extended family. But here is a look at  part of my prayer list these days, leaving out the names of course.

1. Two young men who are serving in harms way overseas. They are both married to friends of my youngest daughter. And several other young people from our church and community are in the battle zones as well.
2. A friend's son was seriously injured in a car accident last night.
3. A young man who is my daughter's age is fighting a wicked form of cancer. He's 26 and the father of three boys.
4. My cousins' husband is fighting cancer.
5. We have friends whose little girl has the same kind of seizures that Alex had only hers are out of control and she is struggling so, as well as the rest of her family.
6. Our church is seeking a youth pastor, since I have two boys who will be in the teens in a few years from now I pray they find someone who is a good leader and will help in their spiritual training and not detract from it.
7. I have several friends going on missions trips this month.
8. We are praying for and searching for new leaders for our Mother of Preschoolers group.

These are just a few of the things that I am praying for daily. As the mother of two young and active boys it's hard to find a time of dedicated quiet so I have learned to take the verse about praying without ceasing literally. I pray as I'm driving my van, as I'm folding clothes, as I'm in the shower or lying in bed before I fall asleep. I pray as I'm working in my yard or cleaning my house. I utter words of prayer whenever I think of it.
I may not be able to pray for our hours as Hudson Taylor did, but I think that God will honor my prayers that I send up as I can. If anyone can understand how busy and hard my days are it's God and I believe that He understands I'm doing what I can. And I thank God everyday that I am able to converse with Him at any time.

No comments: