2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Friday, July 2

Pizza Revisited

Someone asked if I would post my pizza recipe. I would be glad to, it's very easy and pretty tasty.

Pizza Dough


2½-Teaspoons Yeast

1-Cup Warm Water

1-Teaspoon Sugar

1-Teaspoon Salt

2-Teaspoons Olive Oil

2½-Cups Flour

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in remaining dough ingredients. Beat vigorously. Let

rise for at least 1 hour (or until doubled in size). Prebake @ 425 degrees for 5 minutes.

Put sauce & toppings on. Bake another 10-15 minutes.
 
Pizza Sauce
 
1 Small Can Tomato Sauce


1 Small Can Tomato Paste

Dab Of Water To Thin

2 chopped garlic cloves

1 tsp Basil

1 tsp Oregano

Let stand for 2 hours for best flavor.
 
My notes:
the sauce makes enough for two pizzas, I usually freeze half
I always use olive oil in the crust, it makes a huge difference in the taste.
I always use a pizza stone. The crust is just so much better.
 
The favorite pizza at our house is sausage and cheese.

No comments: