2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Thursday, May 11

Struggling With My Reading Challenges This Year and Taking Myself Off the Back Shelf

I had such high goals in January and I was so motivated that I not only joined one reading challenge but two. And then because I was feeling really cocky I even created my own Nebraska reading challenge!  I was doing great the first couple of months. Then I found myself doing other things or reading for a short while and then losing interest and stopping. Seriously, this is so unlike me. Last week as I was trying struggling to thread the needle of my sewing machine I realized that maybe it was my eyes. My eyes have felt really tired and strained for quite awhile now and I tire quickly when I read. So I called and scheduled a check-up.
I really hope that all I need are some new lenses because I miss reading. Reading has always been my way to relax and escape for awhile.
I need to remember that as I get older I can't keep putting regular check ups off. Last month I went to the dentist and he asked me when was the last time I had seen a dentist. I figure it had to have been about six years.

Yeah... time to take Kris off the back shelf and take care of her.

No comments: