2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Thursday, May 18

A Little Getaway and a Whole Lot of Fun!

A couple of months ago my second daughter asked if I wanted to go to Colorado Springs with her for Mother's Day. Her best friend lives in Alberquerque and she thought it would be fun to get together and they invited the moms along too! How can one resist an offer like that?

 This is the view from the restaurant where we we had supper the first night. It was a gorgeous view!

A little shopping downtown. FYI- there is a neat little spice shop downtown! These girls make me laugh. They met on the first day of college where they shared a room and have been close friends ever since. It's so fun to watch them together!

 A little hiking at Garden of the Gods and we quickly learned that it's hard to find parking so maybe go on a weekday?






 Bye girls! Watch out for snakes and don't get eaten by a mountain lion!


The view from the hotel parking lot


Last stop in the Springs was Starbucks for a caffeine boost to get us all home!

We had a really good time! I highly recommend it for moms with adult daughters. I love to spend time with my grandkids but being alone with our children is so relaxing and watching them with their friends is so fun! We went with no agenda really. No schedule, no must do's, and it was fun to just relax and see where the road took us.
We talked a lot, stayed up late and laughed! 

My favorite stop was the Marigold French Bakery where we had a luscious apple tart. My favorite shop was probably the used bookstore downtown. So many little treasures to be found!

No comments: