2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Saturday, January 14

Two weeks into 2017

I started the Blogilates workout with my daughter. Folks, this is a tough challenge! I am so out of shape and it's not funny! But I am hanging in there. I have been sick this week with a sinus infection so I haven't done all my workouts, but I am trying to be consistent and sticking in there.

Last weekend I went to Denver with some other Plexus gals and attended Super Saturday. It was fun to finally meet the ladies in my upline and listen to stories by women who had been helped by Plexus.

I bought a car while I was there, so hopefully this will solve our vehicle issues for awhile. We also got our van fixed and are planning on selling it. Our driveway looks like a parking lot!

I read two books in the first two days of the year, but I've been distracted with other things and haven't read since.

School has been going fairly well. It's always hard to get back into a routine after taking time off. Next week we will be studying the Revolutionary War.

Yesterday my son asked me what Martin Luther King day was about. It gave us an opportunity to talk about the civil rights movement and prejudice. It gave me a good teaching moment about how we treat people who are different from us whether that means race or physical and mental handicaps. I have learned that it's important to take these opportunities when they are curious. They seem to listen better.

I hope everyone is having a good month so far. There is a big storm headed towards the midwest so I'm hoping it's not as bad as they're predicting. If you live in the path of the storm please stay safe.




No comments: