2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Wednesday, January 18

Laying Aside Every Weight- part 2

It has come to my attention that it's time to clean out my hobbies. I have supplies from things I haven't touched in years and they are taking up space.
For instance: When I was first married another gal from our church taught me how to do counted cross stitch. It was quite the rage in our little group. Over the years I did make a lot of projects and actually finished them, . But I haven't cross stitched in years. And now my eyes are getting weaker, cross stitch just isn't so enjoyable but more of a chore. So it's time to find a new home for my cross stitch supplies. I have books, magazines, aida cloth and floss, floss, floss! It's time to find a new home for these where they will get used and loved.

Rubber stamps! Yeah, I may have a few of those. or a couple hundred... I really enjoy stamping, or I used to. I really can't even remember the last time I used them. I think maybe it's time to find them a home where they will be used and enjoyed rather than just sitting in drawers.

And then there's fabric, quilting patterns, half finished quilts, and sewing patterns and fabric scraps because for some reason I just can't throw them away!!!!

Oh and don't forget the scrapbooking supplies which I haven't used in 8 years. I know that because the last time I scrapped was at a January retreat where I made a page with wedding pics of my youngest daughter and her husband.

I have half a room full of hobby supplies that I rarely or never use. So it's time to lay aside this weight. When I see these things I feel guilty because I'm not using them, but I can't get very excited about doing something with them either. I guess I have moved on. So it's time to find a new home for most of this STUFF. I will keep my scrapbooking stuff and the quilt projects that I've started. But I'm thinking most of the rest of it is going out the door. Hopefully to a place where it will be enjoyed and not just sit in closets.

Just thinking about freeing up the space makes me feel lighter already. Now it's time to find some boxes and get to work!

No comments: