2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Sunday, January 1

A New Year, A New Word

Happy New Year Everyone! I hope you had a safe and fun New Year's Eve. We had a quiet evening here while my husband introduced the boys to the Three Stooges marathon. I later sent a text to my daughter that I was in Three Stooges hell, as I find them incredibly annoying and silly. BUT, it was heart lifting to see the boys laugh and giggle like little girls as they watched it!
This morning finds me sipping my coffee and thinking about the coming year. One of my boys is sick so he and I stayed home from church. It's giving me some time to think about the coming year and what I want to accomplish. I don't really set resolutions but I do try to make goals. I will write about that in another post.
I try to adopt a word each year that helps me strive for a goal of spiritual maturity. This was last year's word and my thoughts on it:
"EXPECT- my happiness and contentment is often controlled by my expectations. I have resolved to expect great things but also to keep my expectations within reason so that I do not live in chronic disappointment."

This years' word is kind of a follow up to last years. This years' word is :

"Enjoy- I strive to relax and enjoy life more in 2017. My goal is not to get stressed about little details but to enjoy the things that God has given me, big and small."

My goal is to take the time and opportunity to live in the now, enjoy what's around me instead of wishing I could change things, regretting the past or setting unattainable hopes about the future that just lead me to disappointment and frustration.

Do any of you adopt a word for the year?

No comments: