2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Sunday, April 2

Shop Hop Day 6


Day 6 started out great! We had spent the night in Omaha so the first stop in Blair was a very short trip. This the the Acme Fabric and Quilt Company. They are a fairly new store and I fell in love with it. It's owned by a mother and daughter team and they were so friendly and their store was just adorable.




Alex thought this looked like Shaun the Sheep!



My favorite horse quilt on this trip!


Don't you love their fat quarter storage?









This was all minky fabrics, too soft, we wanted to just wrap up in it and take a nap!


West Point
I had thought about visiting my niece while I was here and seeing her new baby but then I assumed she had probably already gone back to work so I didn't call. I later found out she was still on maternity leave. Moral of the story: I should have called. :( 










Now we're in Wakefield and I really liked this store also. It was like the Tardis, bigger on the inside than outside! (HT Dr Who) She had older model sewing machines all over the store to use for decor. Lovely store and I found some patriotic fabrics I'd been looking for.





It was funny, I was looking at this display when I heard a familiar voice. I looked over at a group of gals who were shopping and recognized two of them from my Thimbleberries class. So funny to be in the opposite corner of the state and run into ladies from a neighboring town. Such a small world.


I Bee Quiltin- Norfolk
As I was walking through the store a woman stopped me and said, "Didn't I see you in Hemingford a couple of weeks ago? I recognize your boys." See! Small world!


This quilt made me wish I'd have bought the black Nebraska fabric instead of the blue!








Love this giant star in repro fabrics!





The boys had been really good all day so when we were done we found a cute coffee shop down the street from the quilt shop and they got hot chocolate. The store was really trendy and neat but they need to work a bit more on their coffee. Then we went for a long walk in the mall to get our muscles moving before we went to spend the night at my sister in law's home. I was worried that by now Alex would be having some problems since he was out of his routine but so far he was doing great! The next day was the hardest, but by then we were on our way home so it all worked out pretty good.

No comments: