2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Thursday, April 21

Some Days Are Harder Than Others

A few weeks ago I found out that my oldest daughter was ending her marriage. This is her second marriage and she's only 27 years old. I am sad, but not surprised. I have enjoyed having her husband in our family. He was witty and thoughtful, and I will miss him.
But most of all I am sad that my daughter is looking for happiness in all the wrong places. She has a God sized hole in her heart and she is looking for man sized solutions. And now I have a granddaughter who is missing her daddy and her entire life is disrupted and I don't know how long it will be before she sees normality. And that doesn't just make me sad...it makes me heartbroken.

1 comment:

The Roberts said...

me too. so sorry kris! "In His time" comes to mind when I read this. but never easy for those who are waiting. sending love and prayers.