2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Wednesday, April 13

Milestones

48...that's how many years I've walked on this earth. Somedays it feels like forever, and other days I feel like I'm still twenty. Then I take a look in the mirror and get a harsh reality check.
Seriously though, in our family we've never really made birthdays a big deal. And it's a good thing I have low expectations because this year my hubby is out of town. I have an exciting day of cleaning, laundry and an appointment for Alex's OT evaluation. Big stuff I tell you! BUT...I am happy to be healthy and strong. Seriously, not everyone could keep up with my boys, and I'm thankful for the good health that God has given me. I'm thankful for a husband who has put up with me for many, many moons. And I'm thankful that I have a birthday. Yes, getting older is hard sometimes. I don't want gray hair and wrinkles...but if I wasn't getting older than I would be dead. It just kind of keeps things in perspective, don't you think?

No comments: