2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Wednesday, September 6

Pray for all of our Emergency Services People!

Between all the fires in the northwest and the hurricane in Houston our emergency services have been heavily worked. Many volunteers from all states are helping to fill in the gap. And now another large hurricane is headed towards Florida. I don't write much about current events but I do consistently pray for the people who have to step in and help, I pray for the people who have lost homes and property and I pray that those of us who have not been affected will step up and give generously to those in need.
Many businesses have made it easy to give. I noticed at Walmart and Safeway when I checked out that I could give directly to the Red Cross to help victims. I also heard on the radio that you can text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to Red Cross disaster relief. This will be directly added to your phone bill.
I know there are other places you can donate if you want to take the time to find one that you're more happy with. I would just plead with people to reach down into their pockets and share out of their plenty with others who are in desperate need.

Then after you give, pray for all involved, and  then pray and ask God to show you how you can give more.


No comments: