2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Thursday, June 9

Staying hydrated~



The temperature is already climbing. I find that if I drink plenty of water before noon that I can manage to stay hydrated and thus cooler through the afternoon and evening hours. 

I have read that if you wait to drink water until you are thirsty then you are already dehydrated.

I don't know it that is true or not, but I do know that I have to be proactive about drinking my water.
First thing in the morning  I fill up a quart jar of water and ice and keep it handy. My goal is to finish two quarts before lunch. Seriously, if I drink my water then I seem to be able to handle the heat much better.

In the afternoon I might get tired of plain water so I add a packet of True Lemon. These are little packets of dehydrated fruit. They also come in Orange, Lime and Grapefruit, which is now probably my favorite. You can purchase them at Walmart or Amazon. These little packets have been a big help in kicking my soda habit. My boys like to mix the lime and orange together.




1 comment:

Patti said...

Hi, and a huge thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comment about my beagle. Gracie is the third beagle we have had---our first one (who would be 18 today), passed away almost 3 years ago, just after her 15th birthday. Our second one is 7, and sweet Gracie is 4 months. All of them have been tri-colored.

Anyhow, about your post. I live in southwest Idaho, and we are considered "high desert" climate. Which means, we are a desert. We average about 11 inches of precip a year, most of that in the winter. So, summer is very dry, and it is easy to get dehydrated. Like you, I have to make a conscious effort to drink water so that I can stay hydrated.

I love iced tea, but that is actually very drying to me, so unless it is actual water, I'm not really helping myself.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Patti