2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Tuesday, June 7

For Today-

For Today



Looking out my window:


Two growing boys swinging and singing

I am thinking:

about finishing rearranging the items in my kitchen cabinets and how badly do I really want to be more organized?

I am thankful:

for being able to spend time with grandkids yesterday

One of my favorite things:

My "loopy" friends who live in my computer and my phone

I am wearing:

t-shirt and jean shorts, it's a cleaning day here, got to dress for hard work.

I am creating:

This week I am concentrating on creating a cleaner, more streamlined kitchen to make my life less frustrating and that I may more easily serve my family and friends.

I am reading:

I am listening to:



I am hoping:

for some time to relax a bit this afternoon (my goals are pretty small most days)

I am learning:

that life isn't always easy but most of the time it's about the choices we make.

In my kitchen:

I've been making Pulled Pork Runzas









In my schoolroom:

It's summer break so I'm working on cleaning out the books we are done with and getting ready for next years.

In my garden:

Our garden is struggling this year. It was just too cold, too late so things are getting a slow start. I hope to have some pictures soon.


My closing note:

We are busy this month and although school is out for us we try to find ways to keep structure in our days. My youngest boy has special needs and a life without structure creates a life of chaos for him and then for us. I am not a person who needs structure and I really don't like structure but I am learning the importance of structure for other people. This is where life takes us sometimes, following a path we did not choose because we want to help the ones we love. 

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

peggy, the simple woman said...

Hello and thank you for your visit! I, too have a son with special needs, he is soon to be 13 and has Down Syndrome. I love your closing note!

tammi said...

Haha, I have similar thoughts when it comes to tackling almost any organizing project!

Karen said...

I really enjoyed your Daybook and I like the last part, too. We've camped at Lake McConaughy a few times and it's a great place. How nice that you get to experience it year round.

I've enjoyed a few of Kristin Hannah's books, and absolutely loved Winter Garden. Firefly Lane was easy for me to pick up and put down a lot. It didn't grab me the way Winter Garden did, but it was nice.

Thanks for stopping by my blog:) I look forward to reading more of yours.