2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Friday, February 18

I've been thinking lately...I need a team.

I don't seem to have much time to do much these days except for keeping up with the housework and the boys. For those of you who think I must be lazy...I challenge you to come keep up with our Alex. He's like a little tazmanian devil on speed. I can never let my guard down. I walk out of a room and he instantly gets into something that he shouldn't. So...I don't get to sit down and read while he quietly plays at my feet. I can't make bread while he sits at the table and colors. You see Alex rarely sits. Even when he's watching tv he's in constant motion. I do all of my tasks with one eye and one ear on what Alex is doing. If I go to the bathroom he climbs on the kitchen counter to get into the cabinets. If I talk on the phone and forget to watch him I may find a toilet full of rolls of toilet paper. I had been putting him in his room when I needed a few minutes of privacy, but last week he got mad and threw a boot through his window. That was expensive. So...I spend most of my time chasing Alex.
At school Alex has a team. There are several teachers and aides that work with him. He is showing great progress and I was very encouraged after parent teacher conferences. But he is still very busy and has to be monitored at all times or he gets into things he shouldn't. I was feeling a bit low when I thought about it because he is doing better at school then at home. But then I realized that they get to take turns herding Alex. No one person has to watch him all the time. They can turn their backs without worry. They can take a break. That's when it hit me...
I NEED A TEAM!!

No comments: