2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Monday, May 9

Thirty Five Years!

9 May 1981

I was barely 18 and he was still 17. We didn't have a professional photographer. We got married in my parent's home. We were a week away from our high school graduation. And we were expecting a baby.
We were scared, excited and had absolutely no idea what we were getting ourselves into. 
In July we lost the baby and for a moment wondered if we should have waited to get married. But we had made a commitment to each other and honestly couldn't imagine our lives without each other.
Through the years we've had our trials but our commitment to God and each other have held us steady.
I always thought if you'd been married for thirty five years then you must be old, but I really don't feel old. I feel tired some days and weary of the struggle of life but I am glad I'm where I am and not 18 again.
I have made many bad choices in my life, but agreeing to marry this guy was not one of them. It was probably the smartest thing I ever did! 

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Found your blog on the wise woman builds linkup :) Love your story! My hubby and I were young and pregnant when we got married, and we are still together, lots of kiddos later :) Thanks for sharing! nice to meet you!

Deb said...

Well, a very belated Happy Anniversary to you!!! We'll celebrate 36 this summer...and i agree with your last sentence in my case, too! :)