2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Saturday, January 3

A Reading Challenge



My youngest daughter and I both really enjoy reading and often discuss what we've read and give each other ideas for our next read. The other day I came across this reading challenge on Rural Revolution. She has a list of 50 different types of books to read each week. I thought it looked like fun and since I need to expand my reading repertoire, I thought it would be good for me. I rather doubt I will be able to read all 50 book, but I think I can combine some of the categories. My daughter has also taken on the challenge and I'm pretty sure she will complete it. She has already made the list of what books she will be reading and you can check it out over on her blog. I'm more of a fly by the seat of your pants kind of girl so I'll probably decide what books I'm reading as I go. I do have a few thoughts about a few but right now I'm reading Gone With the Wind for our new book club, so I'll decide what category to put it into. A book a week is a big challenge for me these days but I'll do my best.




Here is the list I found at Rural Revolution:


• A book with more than 500 pages
• A classic romance
• A book that became a movie
• A book published this year
• A book with a number in the title
• A book written by someone under 30
• A book with nonhuman characters
• A funny book
• A book by a female author
• A mystery or thriller
• A book with a one-word title
• A book of short stories
• A book set in a different country
• A nonfiction book
• A popular author’s first book
• A book from an author you love that you haven’t read yet
• A book a friend recommended
• A Pulitzer Price-winning book
• A book based on a true story
• A book at the bottom of your to-read list
• A book your mom loves
• A book that scares you
• A book more than 100 years old
• A book based entirely on its cover
• A book you were supposed to read in school but didn’t
• A memoir
• A book you can finish in a day
• A book with antonyms in the title
• A book set somewhere you’ve always wanted to visit
• A book that came out the year you were born
• A book with bad reviews
• A trilogy
• A book from your childhood
• A book with a love triangle
• A book set in the future
• A book set in high school
• A book with a color in the title
• A book that made you cry
• A book with magic
• A graphic novel
• A book by an author you’ve never read before
• A book you own but have never read
• A book that takes place in your home town
• A book that was originally written in a different language
• A book set during Christmas
• A book written by an author with your same initials
• A play
• A banned book
• A book based on or turned into a TV show
• A book you started but never finished

While the "rules" for this challenge are fluid, nothing says you can't re-read a book you've read before. Here are the unofficial rules, which include:

• All books are acceptable except children's books (i.e. Run Spot Run) (young adult books are fine).
• All forms of books are acceptable including e-books, audio books, etc.

No comments: