2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Tuesday, July 2

A Fine Testimony

I have been thinking a lot lately about the testimony that we leave behind. Do people think of me as a person who trusts God and lives in such a way? I'm not really sure they do. Oh yeah, I have those good moments but I also have many moments where I do not live as if my life is transformed by the God of the universe. And neither do my children. In fact I have been very saddened by choices some of my children have made and are making currently.

Today a friend shared this blogpost on Facebook. It is about one of the young firefighters who died in Arizona. She wrote about a man who was a fine man of God, who lived his life in a way that directed others to God. I think this has to be such a comfort to his family. Losing a child has to be so incredibly hard, I don't mean to dismiss the pain of the loss, but having children who walk away from God and everything they have been taught is another form of loss. I know that they can always turn around and come back to a faithful life, but there will always be the scars of the sin in their lives and it will be there for the rest of their lives. As a mother this grieves me terribly.

No comments: