2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Friday, June 3

Tranquilizers and a Strait Jacket

That is indeed what I need. Alex has been extremely agitated and manic lately. It's all fine if we let him have his own way. But if we do something heinous like make him come in from the heat to cool off, or sit down to eat supper...well then he comes unglued. Lately when he wakes up he is already angry and ready to dig in his heels. This morning it took me nearly an hour to help him calm down enough so that he could eat. Then when I told him he had to get dressed before he could outside we started all over again. This has been going on since just before school got out. I can tell that he's miserable. And I wonder if he's having headaches. But right now we're just kind of in a survival mode. We are just making it through one day at a time.

What I really need is some down time. Some time to relax. The problem is that usually by the time I start to relax my down time is over. So now my body has decided to just stay on permanent guard duty. And I'm exhausted. Totally exhausted but unable to relax and rest.

So I need tranquiliers...for me, and a strait jacket for Alex so I know he won't be running away as soon as I close my eyes.

No comments: