2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Wednesday, December 22

Adoption Reflections

Today is the day. One year ago today we were in court and became the legal parents of our two little guys. Of course in our hearts they were "ours" long before that.
Today I had plenty of time to think on the long drive home. It seems like I meet more and more grandparents who are raising their grandkids. We decided to adopt for several reasons, but mainly because our daughter and her ex-husband asked us to make it permanent. It was hard...it's still hard. I know this has been hard on our daughter, and yet in a strange way I think it's made it easier to move on with her life.

Would we do it again? If the circumstances were the same yes we would.

Do we have regrets? You bet. Once these little guys came to live with us our lives took a total different direction from where we were headed. There are still times I mourn lost dreams...but the past is the past, better to leave it behind.

Today we celebrate the one year anniversary of parenthood- The Sequel.

No comments: