2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Monday, April 19

Thoughts

Spring is here, it was even raining tonight. I love thunder and lightning. I love the smell of rain. And I love how the flowers and trees seem to wake up after the first couple of rains in the spring.

My potatoes are planted and a sketch has been drawn for the rest of the garden. I don't do the planning...I tell my wonderful husband what I want to grow and he plans how to make it all work. We are loving the square foot gardening system we started last year.

Last week was my birthday. I am now 47...wow, I hate to even write that. It's getting so close to that other number that shall remain unnamed. On the flip side people in my family seem to live long, so I'm thinking I haven't hit middle age just yet.

This is a picture that Breck took last week on my birthday. I'm thinking there is some wind in those clouds.

Talking about getting older I was lamenting my very gray head. Seriously, it never bothers me; until I look in the mirror. I asked Preston, who is 6, if I should color my hair and what color should it be. He said I should color it pink. Hmm, I say..."don't you think my friends would make fun of me if it was pink?" He thinks about it a minute and says.."yes, you should make it blonde!" So for all of you that have known me for any length of time...what do you think? Am I blonde material? Personally I can't picture it. Of course since my hair is practically pure white, I just tell people that I'm super platinum blonde. Works for me.

No comments: