2017's Word of the Year

2017 word of the year- Enjoy- I will strive to relax and enjoy life more in 2017. My goal is not to get stressed about little details but to enjoy the things that God has given me, big and small.

Thursday, May 11

Struggling With My Reading Challenges This Year and Taking Myself Off the Back Shelf

I had such high goals in January and I was so motivated that I not only joined one reading challenge but two. And then because I was feeling really cocky I even created my own Nebraska reading challenge!  I was doing great the first couple of months. Then I found myself doing other things or reading for a short while and then losing interest and stopping. Seriously, this is so unlike me. Last week as I was trying struggling to thread the needle of my sewing machine I realized that maybe it was my eyes. My eyes have felt really tired and strained for quite awhile now and I tire quickly when I read. So I called and scheduled a check-up.
I really hope that all I need are some new lenses because I miss reading. Reading has always been my way to relax and escape for awhile.
I need to remember that as I get older I can't keep putting regular check ups off. Last month I went to the dentist and he asked me when was the last time I had seen a dentist. I figure it had to have been about six years.

Yeah... time to take Kris off the back shelf and take care of her.

No comments: