2017's Word of the Year

2017 word of the year- Enjoy- I will strive to relax and enjoy life more in 2017. My goal is not to get stressed about little details but to enjoy the things that God has given me, big and small.

Wednesday, May 10

Happy Anniversary to Us!

May 9, 1989
See our attendants? They got married a few years later! 

November 1981



This was probably about 15 or 16 years ago. I don't remember for sure. Apparently we don't get our picture taken often without kids because I couldn't find anything more current. Yesterday we celebrated 36 years of marriage. He asked me if I wanted to try another 36. I told him maybe 25 because I thought I was too tired for 36. ;)

The good thing is that after all this time he still loves me and I still love him. I can't imagine going through the day without sharing with him. We can still spend hours talking about our dreams and our struggles. The last 15 years have been hard. I mean really hard. I don't think either of us could have made it through without knowing we had each other's back. So if I have any advice for someone looking for a spouse it would be "to find someone who will have your back, all the time, no matter what!"

No comments: