2017's Word of the Year

2017 word of the year- Enjoy- I will strive to relax and enjoy life more in 2017. My goal is not to get stressed about little details but to enjoy the things that God has given me, big and small.

Saturday, May 20

World Baking Day Challenge

Wednesday was World Baking Day and since I was wanting to try my new tart pan, and since I wanted to recreate the Apple Walnut Tart we had in Colorado Springs I made this!

It was okay but not great! First I put two recipes together to get what I was looking for. The walnut mixture was a bit gooey. The crust was overdone and I needed more tart apples. But now I know what I need to change so I can try it again. And apparently I need to learn how to make my apples look pretty on top. I definitely do not have the patience for "fiddly" foods.

When I get this perfected I will share the recipe. Until then I guess if you want to try it you'll just have to experiment like me. :)

No comments: