2017's Word of the Year

2017 word of the year- Enjoy- I will strive to relax and enjoy life more in 2017. My goal is not to get stressed about little details but to enjoy the things that God has given me, big and small.

Thursday, May 4

Sticky Orange Chicken- recipe

Seriously folks as I type this my house smells so good! Quite a few years ago, in the early years of the internet I belonged to a group that shared their recipes. This recipe for Sticky Chicken is so good and has been a family favorite for a long time. My recipe came from Robbyn Snider.

Here is the recipe:

Sticky Orange Chicken

  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoon thyme ( I use ground)
  • 1 teaspoon onion powder
  • 3 teaspoons paprika
  • 1 1/3 tablespoons salt
  • 1 roasting chicken
  • 1 large orange
Mix together all of the spices.

Place rinsed and prepared chicken in a container and sprinkle spice mix over the chicken. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

The next day, 12-24 hours later, remove chicken from refrigerator and fill cavity with orange. Put in large roaster with deep sides and roast chicken for 5 hours at 250 degrees. After juices have started to flow, usually about 1 1/2 hours into the cooking, begin basting every 30 minutes or so.

Note from Kris: If you don't have an orange you can substitute lemons or even an onion for a less citrusy flavor. The Pampered Chef  deep covered baker is perfect for this.

My husband loves these leftovers in a tortilla with some cheese. In fact he might prefer it this way.

No comments: