2017's Word of the Year

2017 word of the year- Enjoy- I will strive to relax and enjoy life more in 2017. My goal is not to get stressed about little details but to enjoy the things that God has given me, big and small.

Friday, July 2

Pizza Revisited

Someone asked if I would post my pizza recipe. I would be glad to, it's very easy and pretty tasty.

Pizza Dough


2½-Teaspoons Yeast

1-Cup Warm Water

1-Teaspoon Sugar

1-Teaspoon Salt

2-Teaspoons Olive Oil

2½-Cups Flour

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in remaining dough ingredients. Beat vigorously. Let

rise for at least 1 hour (or until doubled in size). Prebake @ 425 degrees for 5 minutes.

Put sauce & toppings on. Bake another 10-15 minutes.
 
Pizza Sauce
 
1 Small Can Tomato Sauce


1 Small Can Tomato Paste

Dab Of Water To Thin

2 chopped garlic cloves

1 tsp Basil

1 tsp Oregano

Let stand for 2 hours for best flavor.
 
My notes:
the sauce makes enough for two pizzas, I usually freeze half
I always use olive oil in the crust, it makes a huge difference in the taste.
I always use a pizza stone. The crust is just so much better.
 
The favorite pizza at our house is sausage and cheese.

No comments: