2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Thursday, April 6

Thursday Tidbits

I haven't taken time in awhile to just chat about life. Why? Well, my life isn't exactly that interesting. It is to me, but it's not much to write about. But I wanted to share a little bit about what's rattling around in my head. 

Spring- and all that comes with it. We're planting seedlings and the hubby and boys are building a storage shed in the back yard. The grass is greening up and my perennials are peeking out of the ground. I'm always a bit hesitant to start clearing the dead stuff off of my flower beds because it's not uncommon to get snow into May so I like to protect them for a bit longer. But it's nice to hear the birds singing in the morning and the occasional rain dripping off the roof. We have decided to change up what we plant in the garden this year. Going a bit more basic but wanting to get the pantry restocked. We didn't run out of anything this year but it was closer than we like. 

School- We are nearing the end of the year. I told Preston the other day that if he was diligent than he could finish his Math by the end of April. That will be nice for both of us. (smile) It's been a challenging year for us. I think we are all looking forward to a break. We are praying about changing things up in the fall, maybe an online program for Preston or starting a co-op in our community or even the possibility of sending them to public school, but I'm not sure I really want to do that. Maybe it's time to look harder for more options. 

Work- Hubby has been really stressed by work lately. There have been quite a few equipment breakdowns and he's feeling pressure to get it all working smoothly but the equipment is not cooperating. He has always been pretty good about leaving his work at work, but lately it seems to follow him wherever he goes. Maybe he's ready for a vacation too.

Well, it's time to get the boys back on task and then see if I can get a few things scratched off of my to-do list. I am looking around my office and seeing that I have been slack in keeping things tidy. Time to get busy!

Happy Thursday Everyone! 

Kris


No comments: