2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Sunday, December 26

A trying week...

This was the week of the little man's surgery. They removed part of the muscle from his leg...cut the muscle above both eyes and reattached the drafted muscle. He has stitches on his leg and over both eyes. He's not supposed to be using that leg until Tuesday...hmm, that's been impossible. We also have to put this ge like stuff in his eyes 4 times a day and cover his eyes with plastic guards at night so he doesn't pull the stitches out. Needless to say, having to watch him like a hawk and keep him from hurting himself has me a nervous wreck.  But I don't want to have to put him through this again, so yes, I'm being a bit paranoid about not letting him touch those stitches. Not the best Christmas for the little guy, but he seems to be doing good. Too good perhaps. I think if he hurt a bit more he'd quit trying to run...and jump...and give me a heart attack!
 Tuesday night after surgery

Wednesday morning after surgery. He looked pretty good. I think they are more red and swollen now than they were then.



No comments: