2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Thursday, December 30

A trip down memory lane

Many, many moons ago hubby and I lived in England. We were there for 3 1/2 years and loved it. In fact we had always planned on going back for our 25th anniversary, but of course that didn't work out.
Anyway, one of the things I loved while in England was their chocolate. I grew up on Hershey's chocolate bars so the candy we got in England was glorious! I especially love the Cadbury's Quality Street candies. After being gone for many years I wondered if the chocolate was really that different or if my memory was just playing tricks on me. My second daughter has a best friend who currently lives in England and when she came home she brought me a box of Quality Street.
 On the side of the box it tells you what each little candy is. Yeah, nothing icky like the boxes of chocolate you buy here.

Don't they look like little gems. I think they would look gorgeous in a glass bowl, but I doubt they would last too long at my house. I have been rationing them out, and yes I'm sharing. :)

Are they as good as I remembered? Oh yes, they really are. Their chocolate is unlike anything I've had here in the states. And the toffee? Mmmm...so good.

Thank you Kelsey! I owe you one.

No comments: