2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Thursday, June 10

Link A Doo

These are either places that I enjoyed, found something helpful or just made me smile:

Netflix has made my life easier. We ordered a dvd that you put in the Wii and you can watch movies on the instant play. Since we've gone through 2 dvd players in the last 6 months and our vcr player died, it's kind of hard to have a movie for the boys. Now I just keep some movies they like in our queue and we can call them up when we like. Their favorites are Veggie Tales and Fraggle Rock.

I made these grown up rice krispy treats last month. They have coffee, cream cheese and toffee bits in them and they are scrumptious! You can find the recipe here. While you're there, check out the rest of her blog, she has some great looking recipes.

When Queens Ride By gave me quite a bit to think about. You need to start at the bottom post and work your way up. It reminded me of the book, The Tyranny of the Urgent and how we spend so much time doing the things that demand our attention that we can easily neglect the things that make a difference in our lives. Pour yourself a cup of coffee and give it a read.

I didn't care for the colors in this wreath but I like the idea. I may make one....someday...in my spare time...

And then there is this jewelry made out of washers?

I like to read blogs. In fact, I love to read blogs. Reading blogs can consume many hours if you're not careful. That's why I use bloglines. This allows me to put in the blogs that I like to read and when I have time I simply go to bloglines and see what blogs have been updated. Then I can steal a few moments to read one. And lately a few moments is about all I get.

No comments: