2017's Word of the Year

2017 word of the year- Enjoy- I will strive to relax and enjoy life more in 2017. My goal is not to get stressed about little details but to enjoy the things that God has given me, big and small.

Tuesday, May 12

It Always Comes Back In Fashion

 I remember as a young woman, people would say that fashion always comes back around. Imagine my surprise the other day when I was in a department store in Colorado Springs to see this blouse. I made this blouse my right after my senior year of high school while my husband was in boot camp. It was a light blue cotton fabric with little geometric shapes and flowers on it. I wore it for several years because I liked it and it was very cool in the hot weather. It was unique in that the front was pleated, unlike so many similar blouses I've seen that were gathered.

I laughed when I saw the blouse because I was pretty sure I had kept the pattern and sure enough I had. I wonder how hard it would be to enlarge the pattern so I could make it again. I really did love that blouse because I made it and had turned out so nicely. Good memories!


No comments: