2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Friday, May 8

Counting Our Blessings

"I just want you to know that we're all okay." This was the first thing my daughter said when I answered the phone on Wednesday afternoon. She went on to say that a tornado had swept through their small town and destroyed and damaged houses one block away from her house. Later I watched a video of the tornado as it hit the town. Even after the fact when I knew they were all safe is still sent splinters of fear into my heart.

Here is a picture of their town. My daughter's house is the blue house in the very top right corner of the picture.


Growing up in Nebraska you know that tornadoes happen. But this was pretty close to home. We are thanking God for protecting our daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren as well all of the other people in the town of Roseland.

We continue to pray for people in the Eastern part of the state as heavy rains have caused flooding. The property damage is always overwhelming after these events.

No comments: