2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Thursday, September 8

First Day of School 2011

 Here they are, anxiously waiting to leave. I actually had to  bribe them to sit still for pictures.

 Preston, age 7, second grade

 Alex, age 6, Kindergarten

Come on mom, let's go already!!

I've been very busy this summer, and I haven't had time to keep things caught up. I had posted that we were going to homeschool. And we had planned too, but I found that although I love homeshooling and I think it's wonderful, I was suffering from some pretty severe stress related health issues. And the closer we got to starting school the worse I felt. Then we found out that Alex would no longer be eligible for speech and OT if we homeschooled and paying for it privately was out of the question...so I called the schools and got the boys enrolled. They seem to be very happy and I'm happy that they're happy. I do miss them, but I'm working on trying to relax a bit. I have a very long to do list of projects here at home, starting with deep cleaning each room. I feel good about their schools and teachers and I remind myself that I don't have to feel guilty if I can't do it all. 

No comments: