2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Saturday, September 4

State Fair Part 1


On Monday we were able to go the State Fair in Grand Island. I was especially excited that not only did we get to go see the new fairgrounds, but it was also the first time I had ever been to the state fair. I remember as a kid crying because all of my friends would go and I never did. Oh the injustice~but finally, I got to go! And it was so fun, despite the heat and the terrible wind...it was just a great day.

I don't usually like snakes but in the sunlight they were a beautiful copper color.
New piglets in the birthing pavillion
Taking a peek at the dairy cow judging. This arena is huge and beautiful. I wish I'd taken a picture of the giant ceiling fans in these buildings.
Gorgeous Holsteins
Baby Holsteins
Budweiser wagon- we never did see the horses pulling it.
The Case-IH dealership had a maze of straw bales and the kids could ride pedal tractors around.
Windmill- my very favorite instrument of agriculture. The windmill changed the very face of agriculture and they are gorgeous to see out in a pasture.
The center pivot-not quite as neat as a windmill but much more advanced.

No comments: