2017's Word of the Year

2017 word of the year- Enjoy- I will strive to relax and enjoy life more in 2017. My goal is not to get stressed about little details but to enjoy the things that God has given me, big and small.

Monday, December 7

A nice surprise
















I got Pioneer Woman's Ree Drummond cookbook in the mail last week. Apparently I won one of the many drawings I signed up for. But no return address, so I don't know where it came from. Anyway, thank you. I love it! And here is the first recipe I tried. I know, it's not pretty but it was tasty! It was simple cook an egg inside your toast. The toast was crispy, the egg was perfect. If you had a large griddle it would be a great way to cook eggs for a crowd.

This cookbook would make a great gift. It's got lots of pictures just like the recipes on her website.

I really love Ree. She has done a great job of showing what ranchers do. The only quibble I have with her is that she gets to stay home and cook. When I grew up we all had to go out and work. I thought all rancher's wives had to work out in the cold and mud. Hmm, if I'd have know differently I may have married a rancher. :)

Seriously Ree, I love your blog, love your cookbook and if you ever get into western Nebraska I'll share some of my favorite recipes with you.

No comments: