2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Tuesday, November 24

You get what you pay for...

Last spring a large semi broke down near here that was full of five pound bags of flour. Apparently the owner decided to leave the flour and take the loss, thus giving the flour away to many people in the community. I have a bunch of that flour in my freezer.

Fast forward to today. I was making rolls for our Thanksgiving dinner and used the above mentioned flour. The dough was very sticky, it didn't rise well at all. Then after they came out of the oven I tried a roll. UGH! They were terrible. I can't tell you what they tasted like but it wasn't very good.

So now I'm making another batch with my good King Arthur bread flour. The dough is so nice; just smooth and perfect. I'm waiting for it to rise as I type, but I'm expecting it to taste much better. This is a very good example of "you get what you pay for". I'm sticking with King Arthur. "smile"

No comments: