2017's Word of the Year

2017 word of the year- Enjoy- I will strive to relax and enjoy life more in 2017. My goal is not to get stressed about little details but to enjoy the things that God has given me, big and small.

Friday, November 20

Noel Swap

I was thrilled to once again join a Sister Shoebox Swap hosted by Carrie and her sister Monica. These two young mothers have been an encouragement to me. Sometimes I worry about the state of young families and am saddened to see so many moms of young children anxious to flee their home for the workplace. (and yes, I know for some it is necessary, but that's a post for another day)
Carrie and Monica are two young women who have taken on the challenge of making their family their career and ministry and I am heartened to watch them grow as they post on their blogs.
I was also blessed to be given their mother as my swap partner. From the short emails we shared, I sense that she is a sweet, quiet soul. Here are a few pictures of what she sent in my swap package.

The cute metal box contains a christmas votive candle. There was a cd of christmas music, a christmas towel, a couple of little Pampered Chef cookbooks, a handmade tree, some gingerbread tea and a Mary Engelbreit bookmark. (I wonder how she knew I love Mary?)

This is the cute little tree that she sent. It's adorable! Thank you so much Ruth, and thanks Carrie and Monica for letting me participate again. I love your swaps!








3 comments:

*carrie* said...

Kris,

So glad you joined us for another swap! Thank you for your kind words.

thehomespunheart said...

Oh, thank you for your encouragement! I happen to think you had a *great* swap partner! She is a sweet and gentle spirit!

Have a great weekend!
Monica

Ruth said...

Kris, thank you for your very kind words about my dear daughters! :) I am very proud of both of them and am thankful for the privilege of being their mom!

It was nice to "meet" you through this swap -- thank you again for the Noel package.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving,
Ruth