2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Wednesday, December 16

Tis the season



My house is decorated, presents are now under the tree, my baking is beginning. I am looking forward to having all of my kids and grandkids under my roof for Christmas.
I am reminded that life still goes on even with the holiday festivities. My nephew is having surgery today to remove part of his thumb after a roping accident. I have two friends who will be celebrating their first Christmas without their husbands and my heart aches for them. Many friends are going through trials and tribulations right now. And the world is becoming more frightening each day. My tendency is to worry and stress about all of these things but then I remember what it says in Isaiah 9:6 "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." PRINCE OF PEACE! In this tumultuous world that is what I want to remember this year. Jesus is the Prince of Peace. He can bring peace to my heart even when I feel fear and worry. 

No comments: