2017's Word of the Year

2017 word of the year- Enjoy- I will strive to relax and enjoy life more in 2017. My goal is not to get stressed about little details but to enjoy the things that God has given me, big and small.

Tuesday, December 15

A new bread recipe

A few weeks ago we stopped at HyVee on the way home from visiting the kids. Have I ever told you how much I love this store? They have so many things it makes your head spin and I think it's probably a good thing I can only go a few times a year because I spent $60 and didn't buy anything on my grocery list.
Anyway, I sampled a bread that was full of fruit and nuts. It was so good that I decided to re-create it here at home. I took the basic recipe from my Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day book, you can find the recipe here, divided it in half and added about a cup of raisins, 1/2 cup of craisins, 1/2 cup of golden raisins, 1/2 chopped walnuts and 1/4 cup of orange peel. Because it had so many fruits in it I used a covered baker to prevent them from burning.

These are some of my favorite websites when I look for new bread recipes.
Bread in 5
King Arthur Flour- which also has one of the coolest shopping sites for bakers





This is a slice of the bread that I bought


 This is the loaf that I made. I used my Pampered Chef stoneware roaster with the big covered cloche on top.

Looking Good!


Here is a slice of my bread. As you can see, it's not as full of fruit and nuts as the storebought bread but I thought it was plenty and I actually think the bread tasted better. What an easy bread to make!

No comments: