2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Tuesday, December 15

A new bread recipe

A few weeks ago we stopped at HyVee on the way home from visiting the kids. Have I ever told you how much I love this store? They have so many things it makes your head spin and I think it's probably a good thing I can only go a few times a year because I spent $60 and didn't buy anything on my grocery list.
Anyway, I sampled a bread that was full of fruit and nuts. It was so good that I decided to re-create it here at home. I took the basic recipe from my Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day book, you can find the recipe here, divided it in half and added about a cup of raisins, 1/2 cup of craisins, 1/2 cup of golden raisins, 1/2 chopped walnuts and 1/4 cup of orange peel. Because it had so many fruits in it I used a covered baker to prevent them from burning.

These are some of my favorite websites when I look for new bread recipes.
Bread in 5
King Arthur Flour- which also has one of the coolest shopping sites for bakers





This is a slice of the bread that I bought


 This is the loaf that I made. I used my Pampered Chef stoneware roaster with the big covered cloche on top.

Looking Good!


Here is a slice of my bread. As you can see, it's not as full of fruit and nuts as the storebought bread but I thought it was plenty and I actually think the bread tasted better. What an easy bread to make!

No comments: