2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Monday, July 15

The Mouse and the Motorcycle

Our youngest son has developmental delays due to some wicked seizures he had as an infant and toddler. He has sensory issues and really doesn't like to be read to or watch television. Not that I want him to be a little tv addict but I would like all of my kids to be readers. (smile) Anyway, yesterday I found an old ABC kids special of The Mouse and the Motorcycle on Netflix. The boys didn't want to watch it, but it was hot and I wanted them to relax in the cool air for awhile so I put it on. As soon as Ralph the mouse came on both boys were hooked. But Alex, our youngest, was grinning from ear to ear. He laughed, he giggled and just had the biggest smile ever. This movie was made in 1986 and is pretty low tech, but it didn't matter to him. He loved it and wanted to watch it again. This morning he is watching it once more.
Well, it's not a book, and he's not reading but he is sitting still and paying attention to details. I'll take it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ian and I liked that movie too.