2017's Word of the Year

2017 word of the year- Enjoy- I will strive to relax and enjoy life more in 2017. My goal is not to get stressed about little details but to enjoy the things that God has given me, big and small.

Tuesday, July 2

A Fine Testimony

I have been thinking a lot lately about the testimony that we leave behind. Do people think of me as a person who trusts God and lives in such a way? I'm not really sure they do. Oh yeah, I have those good moments but I also have many moments where I do not live as if my life is transformed by the God of the universe. And neither do my children. In fact I have been very saddened by choices some of my children have made and are making currently.

Today a friend shared this blogpost on Facebook. It is about one of the young firefighters who died in Arizona. She wrote about a man who was a fine man of God, who lived his life in a way that directed others to God. I think this has to be such a comfort to his family. Losing a child has to be so incredibly hard, I don't mean to dismiss the pain of the loss, but having children who walk away from God and everything they have been taught is another form of loss. I know that they can always turn around and come back to a faithful life, but there will always be the scars of the sin in their lives and it will be there for the rest of their lives. As a mother this grieves me terribly.

No comments: