2017's Word of the Year

2017 word of the year- Enjoy- I will strive to relax and enjoy life more in 2017. My goal is not to get stressed about little details but to enjoy the things that God has given me, big and small.

Tuesday, June 7

For Today-

For Today



Looking out my window:


Two growing boys swinging and singing

I am thinking:

about finishing rearranging the items in my kitchen cabinets and how badly do I really want to be more organized?

I am thankful:

for being able to spend time with grandkids yesterday

One of my favorite things:

My "loopy" friends who live in my computer and my phone

I am wearing:

t-shirt and jean shorts, it's a cleaning day here, got to dress for hard work.

I am creating:

This week I am concentrating on creating a cleaner, more streamlined kitchen to make my life less frustrating and that I may more easily serve my family and friends.

I am reading:

I am listening to:



I am hoping:

for some time to relax a bit this afternoon (my goals are pretty small most days)

I am learning:

that life isn't always easy but most of the time it's about the choices we make.

In my kitchen:

I've been making Pulled Pork Runzas









In my schoolroom:

It's summer break so I'm working on cleaning out the books we are done with and getting ready for next years.

In my garden:

Our garden is struggling this year. It was just too cold, too late so things are getting a slow start. I hope to have some pictures soon.


My closing note:

We are busy this month and although school is out for us we try to find ways to keep structure in our days. My youngest boy has special needs and a life without structure creates a life of chaos for him and then for us. I am not a person who needs structure and I really don't like structure but I am learning the importance of structure for other people. This is where life takes us sometimes, following a path we did not choose because we want to help the ones we love. 

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

peggy, the simple woman said...

Hello and thank you for your visit! I, too have a son with special needs, he is soon to be 13 and has Down Syndrome. I love your closing note!

LaughingLady said...

Haha, I have similar thoughts when it comes to tackling almost any organizing project!

Karen said...

I really enjoyed your Daybook and I like the last part, too. We've camped at Lake McConaughy a few times and it's a great place. How nice that you get to experience it year round.

I've enjoyed a few of Kristin Hannah's books, and absolutely loved Winter Garden. Firefly Lane was easy for me to pick up and put down a lot. It didn't grab me the way Winter Garden did, but it was nice.

Thanks for stopping by my blog:) I look forward to reading more of yours.