2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Tuesday, December 16

A few things on my mind today

Somewhere, somehow, something snuck onto my computer and now it pops up when I browse the internet. They're pop-up ads from "ArcadeYum". I can't figure out how to get rid of them. They don't show up in my virus software and it's not on the list of downloaded items that I can remove. It's really getting annoying and if anyone knows how to get rid of it, please tell me!

I have been trying to make some doll clothes for my granddaughters for Christmas. I made the cutest little Elsa dress but it won't fit the doll. And of course the patterns have such small seam allowances you can't let them out. So I'm starting over from scratch. When I was little my grandma always made the prettiest doll dresses. In fact my granddaughters still use them today. Now I can appreciate much more how much work my grandma really put into them. I mean...she made hand smocked dresses for my dolls! Amazing!

I've been thinking about my grandmother quite a bit lately. I don't know how much longer she is going to be with us. I have so many memories that make me so grateful she has been a part of my life. My kids don't really have those kind of memories with my parents and that makes me sad. My grandma taught me how to sew and embroider. She tried to teach me to crochet but apparently I wasn't a good learner. Grandma was really there for me in my tough teen years. I needed someone who accepted me as I was and she was good at that. She isn't a cuddly grandma, but I knew she loved me because she always made my favorite desserts when she knew I was coming. I hope I can be as good of a grandmother to my grandchildren.

The weather has been temperamental the last couple of days causing late starts at school. As homeschoolers this doesn't really effect us except that I feel more comfortable letting the boys play outside first thing in the morning. Two days of this and I see happier more peaceful attitudes. Hmm...interesting.

Well, I guess I'd better get back to work.




No comments: