2017's Word of the Year

2017 word of the year- Enjoy- I will strive to relax and enjoy life more in 2017. My goal is not to get stressed about little details but to enjoy the things that God has given me, big and small.

Monday, April 16

Sticky Orange Chicken

Recipe Name: Sticky Orange Chicken -
Categories: Main Dish, Meat, Poultry
Serves:
Ingredients:
1 tsp black pepper, ground
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp paprika
1 1/3 tbsp salt
1  large roasting chicken
1  orange
Instructions:
Place rinsed and prepared chicken in ziploc bag and sprinkle spice  mix over the chicken. Rub bag to make it even..Put chicken in fridge over night.
Next day 12-24 hours later, remove chicken from fridge and fill cavity with whole orange cut into chunks, put in large roaster with deep sides. Roast chicken at 250 for 5 hours, after juices have formed, approx after 1.5 hours, begin basting every 30 minutes or so.
Kris's note: I have used a whole onion instead of the orange and it's good too. But we prefer the orange. I roast this in my pampered chef stoneware bowl. It's really juicy and very good!!

This recipe exported by PDACookbook Plus - www.wakefieldsoft.com

No comments: