2017's Word of the Year

2017 word of the year- Enjoy- I will strive to relax and enjoy life more in 2017. My goal is not to get stressed about little details but to enjoy the things that God has given me, big and small.

Thursday, April 21

Some Days Are Harder Than Others

A few weeks ago I found out that my oldest daughter was ending her marriage. This is her second marriage and she's only 27 years old. I am sad, but not surprised. I have enjoyed having her husband in our family. He was witty and thoughtful, and I will miss him.
But most of all I am sad that my daughter is looking for happiness in all the wrong places. She has a God sized hole in her heart and she is looking for man sized solutions. And now I have a granddaughter who is missing her daddy and her entire life is disrupted and I don't know how long it will be before she sees normality. And that doesn't just make me sad...it makes me heartbroken.

1 comment:

The Roberts said...

me too. so sorry kris! "In His time" comes to mind when I read this. but never easy for those who are waiting. sending love and prayers.