2017's Word of the Year

2017 word of the year- Enjoy- I will strive to relax and enjoy life more in 2017. My goal is not to get stressed about little details but to enjoy the things that God has given me, big and small.

Friday, February 18

Book Review: One Thousand Gifts

I am not a fan of nonfiction and I rarely read it. But I have read Ann Voskamp's blog for quite some time now and her book was getting rave reviews so I thought I would read it. I was not prepared for this book. It's hard hitting, soul crunching, get to the heart of the matter stuff. But it's hidden in the language of a poet.
If you get nothing else out of this book take away these words: "Eucharisteo--thanksgiving--always precedes the miracle."  And that is just the beginning of the book.
Originally I had planned on reading this book and then passing it on to my mom. But I had to buy her one  because I'm going back through mine with a highlighter to remind me of the things that Ann has reminded me of that I had forgotten.
Pick it up at your local bookstore or get it on Amazon.com like I did. One Thousand Gifts-A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are.

(this was written in February of 2011 but for some reason I forgot to publish it. If you still haven't read this book, take the time. You'll be glad you did.)

No comments: