2020's Word of the Year

2020 word of the year- Release
Release control of what I can't control. Release worry. Release fear. Release...

Friday, February 18

Book Review: One Thousand Gifts

I am not a fan of nonfiction and I rarely read it. But I have read Ann Voskamp's blog for quite some time now and her book was getting rave reviews so I thought I would read it. I was not prepared for this book. It's hard hitting, soul crunching, get to the heart of the matter stuff. But it's hidden in the language of a poet.
If you get nothing else out of this book take away these words: "Eucharisteo--thanksgiving--always precedes the miracle."  And that is just the beginning of the book.
Originally I had planned on reading this book and then passing it on to my mom. But I had to buy her one  because I'm going back through mine with a highlighter to remind me of the things that Ann has reminded me of that I had forgotten.
Pick it up at your local bookstore or get it on Amazon.com like I did. One Thousand Gifts-A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are.

(this was written in February of 2011 but for some reason I forgot to publish it. If you still haven't read this book, take the time. You'll be glad you did.)

No comments: